Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wed, April 6th

The weather lately here in Syracuse sucks therefore no cigars....and surprisingly no cigar shipments. I was hoping to get my package from Jose Oliva replacing the Oliva V Maduro box that I sent back for lacking a ribbon. O well.

I finally got the shit with Cigars Direct finished yesterday about the Opus A's they sent me
Here's the story:

 I ordered a total of 4 Opus A's and 3 of the 4 were cracked. I received my first shipment which included 1 Opus A and an Opus Scorpio. The Scorpio was in perfect shape and a beauty. I opened up the A and noticed the thing had cracks running up the wrapper from the foot...not too bad but still unacceptable for a cigar that I paid $45 for. It was obviously overfilled by AF. Called the company and they said they would ship me a replacement and I could keep that one.  The day before I ordered another 3 A's so when those came in I was hoping they would be fine...no such luck. One of them had no cracks but one blemish on the cap which I figured was better than a crack so I didn't really mind. One of the others had a crack through the whole cap and the other one had cracks running all the way up the cigar. 

I called them up again and the guy I spoke to seemed to be very suspicious about me telling him these cigars were cracked especially being the first one was cracked. He said that I should send the cigars back for them to be inspected. I did that afternoon and the next day I got the replacement and that one was cracked too. This was last friday so I had to wait until monday to deal with them. I shot the guy an email saying that the replacement was also cracked and that they should open the coffins and inspect the cigars BEFORE they ship them to me. I got an email Monday afternoon stating that it is impossible to do that and they would be refunding my money for the cigars (not including the shipping for sending them back). I said ok whatever I don't really need them....I decided to send him an email saying that I would like for the last one to be replaced because I needed to ship one to a friend for a bomb.

He replied saying that he is already out 3 cigars and AF will not refund his money after they are opened and he basically just said no. I sent him another email saying that it wasn't my fault I was getting damage merchandise.  (Now I don't know what AF's policies are with retailers but that policy is bullshit especially if they are factory caused errors.) I said It is impossible to inspect the Opus A because its sealed in a coffin and you don't know what you're getting until they're opened and AF should realize that. I paid for a perfect cigar and thats what I should get especially being I paid $20 OVER retail ($45 instead of retail $25). It's not like I'm physically cracking the cigars myself and saying "Oh, I got the cigars and they're cracked...can I get a new one?" I don't really consider them at fault for this especially if AF has this policy. It seems I'm just unlucky I guess....

Well being I'm getting a refund I decided on getting in on a Cohiba Sig VI box split, getting 3 Monte #2s, and picking up 3 Tatuaje Regios Reservas from Serious Cigars.....Now I just need to find room for these along with the Tatuaje Noella Reservas and Partagas Culebra that Logan is sending me....Good thing I'm fixing that humidor I have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment